Friday 2 December 2016

Why Every Prepper Should Learn To Use A Crossbow

ballista

Let me be upfront about something – I love gadgets and toys and fun devices. It’s fun to learn all about a new thing, play with it, master it, and use it in a fun, and sometimes, functional way. Because of this I have a hard time not buying up every new piece of survival gear that comes on the market. But that is neither practical not financially responsible, so I resist. I say all of this to tell you that my love of the piece of gear I’m about to review is based pretty solidly in my love of new survival toys. Don’t get me wrong – it’s a very useful tool and will come in handy for real life tasks, but it’s also a hell of a lot of fun.

via GIPHY

Now, with that disclaimer, let’s get to talking about crossbows and why you should learn to use one. If you’re a regular reader, you know the argument that I’m going to start with for any non-firearm form of protection/hunting tool. That’s right, ammo is a problem. It’s expensive, hard to get in large quantities, regulated by the government, highly sought after, single use, easy to run out of… there’s so much wrong with relying on firearms.

That’s right, ammo is a problem.

Now, before my gun lovers out there turn on me, I LOVE GUNS. Guns are a great tool. Ammo is a great resource. You should own guns and ammo stores and be very good at using them. All of this is true. Don’t get me wrong – YOU SHOULD HAVE GUNS! But don’t only have guns. Having other options is just the logical, practical choice. If you’re planning on defending yourself or hunting in a survival situation, you need to assume that you’ll likely run out of ammo at some point and will need another option. That’s just plain and simple.

Now, I’ve talked about this before, and I’ve recommended the air rifle as a good second option, which it is. But here’s another option to consider for your preps – the crossbow. Crossbows have been around for a VERY long time, and for good reason. They’re very effective for protection and hunting. And two HUGE things they have up on guns –

  1. They’re SILENT

  2. They’re not threatened by the anti-second amendment movement

There are few laws restricting these weapons, and they’re certainly not at the center of an ongoing political debate. Similarly, the bolts/arrows aren’t regulated by the government. The weapon and ammo is beyond the ebbs and flows of our government’s whims, which is a huge upside for me.

ballista2

Like I said, I love to really learn everything about my gear and master using them as well, and this is no exception. I’ve spent a lot of time with my crossbow, and I’ve gotten pretty damn good with it. The one I use is super accurate and VERY powerful. I would say that you should exercise extreme caution when training with one of these, but y’all are well aware of the necessity of respecting your weapons.

I’ve been asked for my recommendations for crossbows that are on the market, and for me there’s one that stands above the rest. The Ballista Crossbow is the best you can get for the price. It’s durable and powerful but not ridiculously overpriced like most other options out there.


Here are some quick stats about the Ballista

  • Draw weight: 175 lbs
  • Arrow speed: approx 210 fps
  • Overall length: 30 1/2 “(ca. 77 cm)
  • Width: 26 “(66 cm)
  • Upper: Ultra Durable ABS plastic
  • Patented ADF (Anti Dry Fire) mechanism
  • 4×16″ aluminum arrows with Ultra flight arrowheads
  • Padded Sling
  • Lightning fast ALD (Assisted Load Device)
  • Rail Lubricant
  • Included Inline 4 bolt Quiver

I’ve used mine a ton and I love it. It’s proven to be very, very useful on my camping and hunting trips. I couldn’t recommend it more highly. There is one main problem with the Ballista. They’re almost impossible to get ahold of because of how highly sought after they are. The bolts are easy to get, but the bows themselves are so popular that they’re rarely available on the market. So my advice would be to get one as soon as you see the opportunity.

Click the button below to check availability for a Ballista and start learning this essential and VERY fun survival skill now!

button_click-here-to-check-availability



from SurvivalLife https://survivallife.com/why-every-prepper-should-learn-to-use-a-crossbow/

No comments:

Post a Comment